Monday, July 25, 2016

Sunday - heading home

Sunday

We woke up early to get something to eat, then got on the bus to go about a half hour to Manchester Airport. While waiting at the airport, Sammie and I went and got snacks for the long flight ahead. We were trying to use up our European money before we left! :) The long flight back was tiring. I watched some movies with the coaches and a few fellow players. Our coach Ben had everyone count to three then press play so we all could enjoy the same moments at the same time. We watched Sisters (don't watch, it was so boring), The Brothers Grimsby (cringy, and while funny at times, extremely inappropriate for all ages), and The Finest Hours (good movie).

The flight from Atlanta to Chicago was rough. It was supposed to be about an hour and twenty minutes long. To start it was delayed about 20 minutes, not bad considering it was out of Atlanta; however, our real problem came in once we neared Chicago. Due to storms we hovered around, circling for a very long time. Once we landed, the total flight time was two hours and eleven minutes. I played a LOT of solitaire and listened to a LOT of music, but it wasn't too bad. After landing we circled on the ground for another forty minutes because of lightning. I was so excited to be off the plane when it was all over. In all honesty being stuck in the airport and the plane were kind of a blessing in disguise. I made a lot of friendships during the trip, so it was nice to get a little extra time with them once we all had the ability to get on some American 4G!

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. This trip was truly an experience of a lifetime. This trip was amazing from day one. I got to see so many beautiful things and go to so many places I never would have been able to do without your help. I got to climb inside castles that are literally thousands of years old, I got to see a nearly exact replica of the theater Shakespeare used, and enjoy wandering around a foreign city with my dad. It was such an amazing experience putting my skills to the test against players who were much better players than me. It was also fun playing with some of these players. Two of the girls that played with us in our third game were super nice and fun.

Thank you once again for giving me the ability to go on this amazing trip. Without your support my dream trip would have stayed a dream.

THANK YOU!! -Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment