Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wednesday

Wednesday

Well, I thought the travel woes were behind us.  The ride from our hotel in the London area to Manchester started at 8:00 AM and was to have us arrive in Manchester at 12:00 Noon.  Well, we made it at 3:30!  There was an accident on the major highway, so we had to divert to some side roads. It was like taking the back roads instead of I-65 down to Indy. I basically spent the entire bus ride sleeping in a million different positions.

Once we got settled in, we had a good meal in the hotel. Due to the boy's previous game being cancelled, they had a new game set up for today. The girls were given the choice to train or watch the boys play. We all decided since the boys came to our game the day before, we would watch their game in return. I grabbed my soccer bag to carry my phone and other necessities, and we departed for the boys game in Manchester.  Since I did have my soccer bag with me, I also happened to have my soccer gear -- turned out to be a good thing as the boys team needed some extra players.  And as you know me, I am always willing to play!  It was a really cool opportunity to play. They had quite a few good players on the other team, so it was neat to challenge myself against them.

After we got back to the hotel, we were hungry. My team and one of the younger girls decided pizza sounded really good, and we found a pizza place to eat near the hotel. After devouring our pizza, we stopped at the McDonald's next to the hotel for some McFlurries. Then after enjoying our ice cream, we all just hung out in the lobby until I couldn't stand not showering anymore! Lol

Finally, I was able to soak in the tub and finish up my two blogs.  Need to get some rest now and be ready for a practice in the morning and a game in the evening.

More later,
Delaney


No comments:

Post a Comment